Greetings Sista's

Greetings My Sisters, and Fellas,
I have joined the ranks of those who are desperately in Love with their Sisterlocks. I begin by giving much thanks to my dear friend, though we have never met, Blaqkofi. You are my inspiration. Thank you so much for all you have contributed to us newbies, as you so carefully and maticulously documented your journey. You are Beautiful inside and out. (Blaqkofi's blog ) I also want to thank my Wonderful Husband, Rafael, for all of his support and Loving Kindness as I embarked upon this new journey of self discovery.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

7 Months Locked

7 Months Locked

I fall more in love with my locks with each passing day. The freedom from chemicals, heat, and greasy hair is bliss. And most of all there is such little effort and such wonderful results. I wash my hair every 2 weeks with Avalon Clarifying shampoo, mixed with Sisterlock shampoo. The Sisterlock shampoo used alone, although diluted, left my scalp very dry and itchy. I get much better results now that I'm mixing the two together. After washing I roll with soft spike rollers. They are very comfortable to sleep in and they create great, long lasting curls. Needless to say "I Love My Sisterlocks"!!!


4 comments:

Kimani's Knapps said...

OOOOWWW WEEEEEE i am way jealous. What do you roll your hair up with. It looks soooo cute.

Peace and Blessings,

MsK

www.freewebs.com/kimanisknapps/

z said...

Your curly looks look so cute! I just wanted to mention that you should becareful of how often you use the clarifying shampoo because it strips a lot of the natural oils from your scalp and moisture from your hair. Try to use a non-clarifying shampoo if you can, and then the clarifying as needed to remove buildup or else your scalp and locks will feel very dry and itchy.

Other than that bit of information, i'm so excited for you and can't wait until you reach your 1 year mark. It looks as though your hair will lock very quickly.

Unknown said...

Your locks are beautiful. I'm 8 months to.

Dewdrop: Thanks for that advise on the clarifying shampoo.

Anonymous said...

WOW, your locs are beautiful.
Jamofism - http://jamofism.blogspot.com/